Here are ten simple things (among many more) that we all consider to be facts and never even think to question them.
What makes us believe they are set in stone even though not all of us have exactly seen them (happen) with our own two eyes?
The people who have knowledge of these facts (either by having witnessed them themselves or through scientific investigation) had the presence of mind to record it for posterity – be it in words as we understand them now or in ancient symbols and pictographs.
- No planet in the solar system other than earth supports life.
- Several ancient civilizations flourished around the world thousands of years ago.
- Early human ancestors were apes.
- Dinosaurs roamed the earth millions of years ago.
- Plants release oxygen into the air.
- Christopher Columbus landed in America in 1492 A.D.
- No two people have the same finger print pattern.
- Mt. Everest is the highest mountain on earth.
- Among Emperor penguins, the males are responsible for hatching the young.
- The continents on earth are continually moving relative to each other.
What are we going to leave behind for our future generations?
- Post Script: Friday, April 2nd, is World Autism Awareness Day. Please wear blue that day – it may start a conversation, which will provide you with an opportunity to spread awareness.